It’s not a craze. It’s real. It’s been around for ever and its benefits are off-the-charts worth incorporating into our 40 and 50+ lives. Now the beautiful benefits of virgin, unrefined coconut oil has finally reached shore – making its way into our lives. Coconut oil contains a unique combination of fatty acids with some very powerful medicinal properties. Yes, coconut oil is almost 90 percent saturated fat, but not all sat fats are created equal. “The saturated fat in coconut oil is mostly lauric acid, a medium-chain saturated fatty acid that appears to have a more neutral effect on heart health when compared to longer-chain saturated fats found in meats and dairy products,” says Wendy Bazilian, R.D., author of The SuperFoodsRx Diet.
The benefits are many, especially for those who aim for aging gracefully. Getting older means paying close attention to the health of our brain as it is now front and center a leading topic. Coconut oil offers incredible benefits, from protection or reversal of brain fog, early Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
I am recommeding a fabulous website that gives you medical proof that coconut oil is a MUST-HAVE for our lives. Check out this site with its endless information to help you navigate to awesomeness.
Combine this knowlege with a healthy diet (sans unhealthy carbs and sugar), and we have a recipe for a clear-headed, bright-eyed, energetic future – regardless of our age.
Here is a helpful few tips and info when introducing coconut oil into your life:
- You can reap the benefits of coconut oil with 4 teaspoons per day. I add a teaspoon to a cup of coffee – YES, coffee – and also tea! I also drop a teaspoon over steamed or stir-fry veggies (you can totally replace your olive oil with coconut oil). Throw a spoonful into your smoothies.
- The taste of coconut is scant – no coconutty smell or taste
- Try to choose coconut oil labeled “unrefined”, it’s the purest and easily found at health food stores
- Coconut oil is great externally as well – both on our hair and skin (learn more)
- Concerned about saturated fat? (click here)
Do your own homework and learn the beautiful uses and outcomes of coconut oil. Check out these sites: